Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Point of This

This is for me. This is for you.

So that I can remember. So that you can know.

There are things that I can't say now, thoughts that I can't share with you. Conversations about you with friends that you don't know about. Gleeful little moments of anticipation just before I see you and intoxication directly after you've gone. Moments when my heart races just because you're near and no matter how long you stay, each time you leave it's always much too soon. Brief, fleeting glances when I look into your eyes and fall a little bit more.

These are things that I alone know. This is how I can share them with you.

Not today, but maybe one day, depending on where our path leads.

These are the things I would share with you if it were six months from now and if we were "us".

No comments: